There is simply no denying that bed bug infestations are becoming an increasing problem. It’s hard to turn anywhere without hearing about a new rash of infestations. Although there are now a new variety of various treatments available, it is hard to beat the convenience and affordability of conventional treatment solutions. That said, some new information has recently been brought to our attention regarding conventional treatments.
The new information involves small and confined bed bug infestation and the use of traditional pesticides and chemicals. A study conducted at the University of Purdue has proven that it will likely require more than one administration of conventional insecticides to effectively treat and kill even the smallest of bed bug infestations.
Successful eradication of these troublesome pests will require at least two visits, with considerable time between each visit. This new finding has led us to modify our conventional treatments. We now offer our customers three visits with our traditional treatment solutions. To give you a better understanding, here is a quick layout of what our traditional treatment entails.
- We send out a tech to evaluate the property and determine the best course of treatment
- We schedule a time and date for the treatment
- On that scheduled day and time, we come back and administer agreed upon treatment
- We’ll schedule a second course of treatment for 2 to 3 weeks or so later
- We will then offer a third visit in which we will re-inspect the property to ensure that it is bed bug-free
Whether you have questions or want to schedule your free in-home consultation, you can give our local offices a call. If you find yourself in need of emergency services, we always have tech standing by.